Automate Flood Irrigation
Why Farmers and Irrigators Need AutoFlood™ NOW
Farmers and irrigators face huge challenges related to the cost of labor, especially in states like California where new labor laws have increased labor costs dramatically. At the same time, in some areas there are incentives to save precious water.
How AutoFlood Works
AutoFlood retrofits to manually-operated delivery gates. The AutoFlood system senses when water enters an on-farm canal, wakes the system up, controls all the field gates, Pipe and Check-gates, and detects water as it moves down field so AutoFlood can optimize water conservation by virtually eliminating spill into drainage canals.
After AutoFlood irrigates a section of the field, it repeats the irrigation cycle automatically across the field until everything is properly watered. Irrigators can easily monitor and control AutoFlood via cellphone or pc.
Unattended AutoFlood Operations
Detects water flow into on-farm canal and wakes up AutoFlow Opens and closes pipe (delivery) gates in user defined sequence:
- Detects flow down-field to calculate time to complete flooding
- Goes to sleep when irrigation is done and waits for water to re-renter canal.
Automated Check Gates for On-Farm Canals
- Medium-Duty Watch Technologies slide gate
- 304 Stainless Steel blade and frame
- UHMW blade guides and Neoprene sill seal
- Heavy-duty 12-Volt linear actuator w/ internal position sensor and limit switches
- WT-50 Solar powered gate actuator system in
- NEMA 4 enclosure
- 100 mW 900 MHz spread spectrum radio w/on-board microprocessor
- Manual Up/Down switch
Call Jack at 541-660-3182 to talk about how AutoFlood can work for your situation or click to fill out our contact form.